Shall perform a variety of base support warehousing and supervisory duties, to include, but not limited to the following:
Responsible for managing a work force and material in multiple Base Support Locations to provide logistics support and functions.
- Reports to Program Manager for daily production and work assignments.
- Communicates frequently with Warehouse Supervisor to provide material, documents, information, reports and correspondence.
Frequently provides subject matter or functional area expertise in performing technical tasks in addition to fulfilling their supervisory duties.
Formulate and enforce standards, assign schedules, review work production and supervise personnel.
- Supervisory level understanding of warehouse storage plans and operations.
- Responsible for the successful and safe execution of verifying materials against receiving, shipping, storage, inventory documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and damage, routing materials to prescribed storage, freight forward and/or shipping locations, storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Participates and over-sees inventory of received, shipped and/or stored materials, examines stored materials and report deterioration and damage, removes material from storage/receipt areas and prepares it for shipment.
- Responsible for the accurate processing of and affixing to, receipt, shipment, storage, pick/pack and other paperwork and reports as required.
- Provides in-depth causative research for misidentified, damaged, non-located material as required.
- Operates hand or power trucks and/or forklift to assist or perform warehousing duties.
- Frequent local travel to base locations for support, guidance and problem solving.
- This is a working Supervisory Position and may require shift work coverage.