The Operations Manager provides overall program leadership to ensure that MANCON achieves all contractual requirements and provides the highest level of customer service. Working in close coordination with NJDOT and MANCON headquarters Supply Chain Management leadership, the Operations Manager will champion the efforts to improve efficiency, reduce operational costs, seek competitive parts pricing, improve vehicle availability, reduce vehicle life cycle costs, improve maintenance outcomes, increase productivity, and streamline operations between NJDOT and MANCON.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day contract execution in accordance with NJDOT’s Statement of Needs. The Operations Manager will have operational decision-making authority to ensure that MANCON’s workforce is responding appropriately to NJDOT’s operational requirements. Travel to complete assigned functions will include both overnight and weekends. Meetings with the customer may require business formal attire.
The Operations Manager will be supported by the Regional Managers and the Corporate Contract Support Team.
Contract Management Requirements:
• Work with the NJDOT Fleet Management to ensure that the contract is administered in a single and consistent manner.
• Attend customer meetings to assess problems and concerns
• Ask appropriate questions to ensure understanding of customer requirements
• Answer questions regarding MANCON capabilities and resources
• Review, familiarize with and adhere to MANCON’s SOPs, Manager Manual, and Safety Manual.
• Investigate product complaints
• Conduct research and answer questions regarding availability of parts
• Monitor level of service reports
• Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with signed contract and SCM procedures
• Perform site visits and safety inspections
Personnel Management Requirements
• Supervise contract employees, monitoring all job description activities
• Review and submit timesheets to include emergency overtime
• Investigate and resolve personnel issues.
• Hire and terminate in accordance with MANCON policies
• Provide training on processes and procedures to new employees
• Monitor employee performance and address problems in accordance with established disciplinary processes
• Attention to detail
• Answer all messages phone\e-mail in a timely fashion
• Disperse all communications between MANCON corporate and field employees as directed
• Assist with delivery and pick-ups
• Provide 24 hour support to NJDOT
• Conduct project research and provide findings
• Train forklift trainers and operators
Work is mostly performed in an office setting, however some requirements occur at storerooms and warehouses in the field which may have uncontrolled temperatures and dirt/dust/damp conditions. Travel to site in a vehicle will occur.