The Assistant Project Manager will provide Program leadership by supporting the Project Manager to improve efficiency, reduce operational costs, seek competitive parts pricing, improve vehicle availability, reduce vehicle life cycle costs, improve maintenance outcomes, increase productivity, and streamline operations between MaineDOT and MANCON.
The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Manager with the day-to-day contract execution in accordance with MaineDOT’s Statement of Needs. The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Manager with operational decision-making authority to ensure that MANCON’s workforce is responding appropriately to MaineDOT’s operational requirements. Travel to complete assigned functions will occur both overnight and during weekends. Meetings with the customer may require business formal attire.
The Assistant Project Manager will support the Project Manager and the Corporate Contract Support Team.
Contract Management Requirements:
• Work with the MaineDOT Fleet Management to ensure that the contract is administered in a single and consistent manner.
• Attend customer meetings to assess problems and concerns
• Ask appropriate questions to ensure understanding of customer requirements
• Answer questions regarding MANCON capabilities and resources
• Review, familiarize with and adhere to MANCON’s SOPs, Manager Manual, and Safety Manual.
• Investigate product complaints
• Conduct research and answer questions regarding availability of parts
• Monitor level of service reports
• Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with signed contract and SCM procedures
• Perform site visits and safety inspections
Personnel Management Requirements
• Supervise District Managers, monitoring all job description activities
• Review and submit timesheets to include emergency overtime
• Investigate and resolve personnel issues.
• Hire and terminate in accordance with MANCON policies
• Provide training on processes and procedures to new employees
• Monitor employee performance and address problems in accordance with established disciplinary processes
• Attention to detail
• Answer all messages phone\e-mail in a timely fashion
• Disperse all communications between MANCON corporate and field employees as directed
• Assist with delivery and pick-ups
• Provide 24 hour support to MaineDOT
• Conduct project research and provide findings
Work is mostly performed in an office setting, however some requirements occur at storerooms and warehouses in the field which may have uncontrolled temperatures and dirt/dust/damp conditions. Travel to site in a vehicle will occur.