The Store Supervisor ensures the shop meets customer service, inventory management, and paperwork meets expectations while supervising store personnel.
Provide quality customer service to include but not limited to the following:
• Attention to detail
• Meet and greet customers
• Review supplied requisition forms to ensure they are properly completed (Signatures, timestamps, part numbers, descriptions and quantities)
• Answer questions regarding availability of parts
• Ask appropriate questions to ensure correct parts are researched and provided
• If necessary, inspect equipment in the shop to assist in parts research
• Research parts for procurement utilizing vendor/manufacturer websites, publications, equipment manuals, microfiche, etc… to ascertain the necessary parts to procure
• Answer all messages (phone/email) in a timely fashion
• Contact appropriate vendors for pricing and to place orders
• Inform customers when requested parts are available
• Contact Counter/Driver personnel to perform emergency parts pickups, as required
• Provide past sales research as requested, utilizing the inventory system
• Check parts availability at all MANCON locations utilizing the inventory system
• Contact other MANCON locations to request transfers of parts or obtain parts information.
• Review, familiarize with and adhere to MANCON’s SOPs, Supervisor Manual, and Safety Manual
Produce and review required reports
• Ensure timely completion of all items on the supervisor’s checklist.
• Generate, distribute, copy and file all invoices for material issued to MaineDOT.
• Generate the Flat File Fix report. Review and correct identified errors in the inventory system
• Generate and review the SLA Failure Item Detail Report. Review all items that failed to determine if changes to stocking levels are required, based on the past 12 months of sales history
• Generate, review and correct items identified on the PT/OP Bin check report
• Produce and process the Reorder report
• Generate, review and correct the No Min/Max report
• Generate, review the Inactive Item Report. Take action on items as appropriate.
• Produce and provide backup for all Credit Card purchases to corporate
Data Entry requirements
• Ensure that all completed customer requisitions are properly invoiced in the inventory system
• Ensure that all vendor receiving documents are properly entered in the inventory system
• Ensure that all inventory transfer requests are properly entered in the inventory system
• Generate new item numbers in the inventory system following published guidelines
Inventory Management requirements
• Perform and report weekly inventory cycle counts
• Perform system research on all cycle count discrepancies
• Monitor and review inventory Bin assignments to ensure accuracy
• Review items sales history to ensure proper Stock Sources are set
• Meet with MaineDOT representatives to discuss future requirements in regards to stocking levels
• Process Transfer requests from other MANCON locations
• Perform Wall to Wall inventory at site, when notified, following established procedures
• Follow established guidelines for vehicle and equipment maintenance
• Provide 24 hour support at the MaineDOT location during emergencies
• Travel to vendor locations to pickup parts
• Train forklift operators
• Assist with inventory research projects as requested
• Participate in the SCM continuing training program
• Supervise assigned store personnel.
Work is mostly performed in storerooms and warehouses which may have uncontrolled temperatures and dirt/dust/damp conditions. Work is also performed in vehicles traveling to sites.